Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bathing in His Presence

On cold days like this, it is sooooo difficult for me to warm up.  Sometimes, if I drink something warm, like hot cocoa, it'll warm me from the inside out.  Give me a little relief....for a little while.  But, what I find to be the MOST effective is taking a hot bath.  Soaking every part of my body, from head to toe in a bit of liquid heaven on earth :)  I feel the warmth seep into my frozen fingers and toes.  And, soon, I'm enveloped in warmth I could only attain through complete immersion!!

I think my spiritual life is the same.  I find myself craving more of God.  To know Him more.  To see Him more clearly.  I can pray.  I can fast.  I can drink of His goodness through reading of the Scriptures.  But, it is when I truly bathe in His presence, doing all of these things as a routine part of my life ... inviting Him to surround me and SOAK me with His love, to envelop every inch of my entire being - mind, soul, spirit, and body - that I truly walk in that overwhelmingly satisfying sense of freedom and fullness that comes straight from my Father in Heaven.  Now THAT is a warmth worth craving!!


Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Colossians 3:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment