Monday, March 12, 2012

Here goes NOTHIN'! (or maybe SOMETHING!)

[Finally starting on my book.  Here's a snippet of what I think it will be about...]
If you had asked my mom, when I was 10-years-old, what I was going to be when I grew up, my mom would have easily answered, “A writer.” She was convinced of it from the time I was very young. She and Dad frequently reminded me that they felt certain I was “destined for greatness.” I don't know about all of that, but what I do know is that they clearly possessed this amazingly pure and undefiled perspective of me, and their goal was to grow me up right, to mold me and shape me, and instill the confidence in me to become who they knew, all along, I was destined to be. It was a perspective that I could only truly understand after becoming a parent myself – a view of one's child that somehow filters through all of the sin and the muck and sees this bright shining star beaming from the core. A perspective that beholds even that which the world perceives as “bad” and recognizes how it can be transformed into something grand. See, parenthood, I've learned, is a pricelessly unique gift to give us but a glimpse into the nature of our own Father God. How He sees us. How we see Him. And, how we, then, can see ourselves.....[to be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment